Marketing experts with Sales DNA
A rapidly-growing player in the revolutionary Marketing as a Service market, Sales Engine is looking for talented, motivated individuals to fuel our rapid growth.
We are currently hiring for the following positions:
- Business Development Rep (Austin)
- Marketing Program Manager (any U.S. city)
- Web and Print Designer (Austin)
Business Development Rep
We’re looking for a super-smart, super-cool Business Development Rep who would much rather nurture warm engaged leads than cold-call people who have never heard of you.
Now, I’m not suggesting we want wimps who are afraid of the phone, hard work, or asking tough questions. What I am saying is that we drink our own Champagne and provide content marketing services that educate, engage, and ‘warm-up’ leads for rock stars like you to follow up with and engage in meaningful business conversations.
You will set qualified sales appointments for the outside sales team. But, because prospects don't want to hear a ‘sales pitch’, we want you to follow up on leads based on their digital activity and help them in their research by (a) challenging their thinking and (b) sending them additional content like articles, white papers, infographics, and videos.
- Working your butt off
- This is not a call center, but you will be on the phone all day calling on CEOs, Presidents, and VP Sales & Marketing advising them on their lead-gen strategies
- Proactively identifying strategic business opportunities to pursue beyond the leads that come to you
- Following up on MQLs (Marketing Qualified Leads) based on their digital behavior
- Using a combination of phone and email to nurture prospects along on their research with the ultimate goal of setting an appointment for an outside sales rep
- Passionate about the intersection of sales and digital marketing, and about understanding emerging marketing technologies
- Degree in business would be great, but any degree is cool as long as you’re able to have intelligent business conversations
- 1+ years getting your butt kicked in a high activity sales job to prove you know how to work hard and handle rejection (there’s no crying in sales)
- 1+ years kicking butt to prove you are awesome and eat challenges for breakfast
- Good at keeping notes and staying organized
To really be successful at this role you will be:
- Entrepreneurial. You take calculated risks and aren’t afraid to try something different. You don’t mind working hard and having fun.
- Passionate about marketing technology. You’re smarter about sales and marketing than the average bear.
- A good communicator. You don’t have to perform at karaoke night, but you do need to be able to talk passionately about the work you’re doing in terms that less technical folks can understand.
- Willing to take shot from a Nerf gun. It’s part of what happens here.
Interested? Send your resume and appropriate writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MARKETING PROGRAM MANAGER
Are you a skilled digital marketer with relentless dedication to the success of your programs? Committed to ongoing testing and optimization based on deep analysis of metrics? Are you known for your ability to keep complex projects with several moving parts on track? If you answered "yes" to these questions, talk to us about our Marketing Program Manager position!
At Sales Engine International, we are looking for an experienced marketer interested in joining our exciting, fast-growing company. This position is responsible for managing the demand generation programs we build and execute for our clients. Marketing programs include demand generation and nurture marketing using social media, web video, email marketing and more.
Successful candidates will have a marketing or related degree and a minimum of five years direct B2B marketing experience.
- Experience managing demand generation campaigns
- Project management
- Client relationship management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong MS Office skills
Desired Skills though not required, would be considered a plus:
- Agency experience
- Working knowledge of Salesforce.com or other CRMs such as Microsoft Dynamics
- Experience working with marketing automation software
- High-level understanding of website and digital media marketing
- Experience with project management software
This contract position is virtual, home-office-based, in any U.S. city. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
WEB AND PRINT DESIGNER
Sales Engine is looking for a mid-level design professional to create infographics and to develop a suite of design templates for our business-to-business (B2B) clients. Reporting to the Creative Director, you’ll be part of a diverse Content team that generates a prolific amount of written, graphical and video content for our clients’ lead-generation campaigns. This is a full-time position based in our Austin office.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Working with our clients to develop concepts for infographics, and seeing the concept through to completion.
- Designing Adobe InDesign templates for white papers and articles, and laying out copy in these templates.
- Designing email and landing page templates for use in lead generation campaigns.
- Incredible design skill (obviously). A portfolio is required to be considered for this position.
- Experience working with clients on design projects, either as a freelancer or at an agency.
- Expert-level proficiency with Adobe InDesign.
- A high level of proficiency with HTML and CSS.
- Some familiarity with any email marketing or marketing automation platforms.
- Comfort working in a small company, on a small team, in a fast-paced environment.
You'll be measured on how well you:
- Meet deadlines. We generate a lot of content, so we'll need you to finish assignments on time to keep our content delivery trains rolling.
- Maintain quality. Producing content quickly is important, but doing so while maintaining a high level of quality is paramount.
- Play well with others. Managing design projects is a delicate business and requires you to work with other people, on other teams internally and with clients. All of them should still like you by the time the deadline rolls around.
A few reasons you might hate it:
- You don’t want to talk to clients. This is a client-facing role.
- You don’t like pressure. We work against tight deadlines, and there’s a lot to keep track of and do.
- You’re not resourceful. There are never enough hours in the day or enough money to do everything you’ll wish we could do. You’ll need to find clever ways to do as much as you can, as best you can.
- You can’t handle constructive criticism. We strive to produce excellent content, and sometimes that means a lot of revisions.
And a few reasons you might love it:
- You'll grow and learn a LOT. You'll be exposed to multiple clients in a diverse range of industries, and you’ll become an expert in B2B marketing.
- Your opportunity for advancement is unbounded. The Content team is expanding quickly. By joining us now, you’ll be well positioned to take on leadership roles as we grow.
- You can make a big difference. Our team is small and agile. Every member counts. Unlike at a big company, your impact here will be felt and appreciated.
- The team is amazing. You will work with people who are as passionate, smart, skilled and driven as you are.
Interested? Send your resume and a link to your online portfolio (or attach relevant samples) to firstname.lastname@example.org.